Saturday, June 30, 2007

Another Meme...how can I be so lucky???

I have been tagged by QTPies7 for a 5 Random Questions Meme. The rules of this meme are to answer the 5 questions posed by QTPies and then make up 5 questions and tag 5 more people. So...here goes.

1. What was it about your spouse that made you decide he/she was the one? My husband's complete and total devotion and love towards me is what made me know he was the one I should marry. I had never experienced anyone who loved me in a romantic way as much as he loved me.
2. What was your favorite pet in your entire life? And why? I have had few pets in my life, but my favorite has to be Macy. She is a Sheltie and is now 15 years old, living with my parents. She is the most loyal and best dog! Even though she is blind and frail now I know she still knows who I am when I visit.
3. What one thing should you give up? (coke, cookies, computer?) I definitely need to give up regular Pepsi. It may be my demise.
4. What is your most embarrassing moment? Ok, at least name an embarrassing moment! I am not one to embarrass too easily. I have done a million embarrassing things. By now they all just roll right off me. One moment which was somewhat embarrassing which comes to mind happened in high school. I was eating lunch in the school cafeteria with a lot of my friends. A few more friends joined us late during lunch time as I was returning from taking my tray to the dish room. When I returned a friend of mine had taken my chair so I grabbed another chair and pulled it up the table. I sat down and the chair immediately broke and I fell through to the ground....in an entire cafeteria full of people...horrible for a 16 year old! :)
5. What is your favorite/most interesting/weirdest job you've ever held? One of my most trying jobs I have had I held the summer between my Freshman and Sophomore years of college. During this time I worked at a Christian camp. I was an assistant cook and the canteen manager. This was one of the most physically demanding and time consuming jobs I had. I worked from 6 a.m. most weeks until 10 p.m. at night with few breaks. As a canteen manager I was in charge of ensuring all the snack items were stocked including refilling the pop machines, emptying trash cans and even cleaning the large maggot infestation out of the trash cans, and then serving rice for dinner...G.R.O.S.S! One of my favorite job related stories happened at camp that summer.

As I said, I often had to start my days very early to ensure breakfast was ready for the 200 campers who were there most weeks. The main walk-in deep freezer was outside the kitchen due to space and we had to walk outside to get to the freezer. One morning I went outside to get the sausage links for breakfast. I opened the door and stepped in toward the back where the sausage links were, I took two steps and then realized that my sandals were stuck to the floor of the deep freezer and I could no longer take any steps (now imagine I am standing with both feet totally separated, as you would when you took two strides toward something). It had rained over night and when I walked outside to get to the deep freezer my sandals got wet and thus stuck to the floor of the freezer. I could not reach the sausage links from where I was standing and I was afraid to put my bare foot on the floor of the freezer for fear that I would stick to it and then be in more trouble so I turned around and jumped to the door of the freezer and went inside and sheepishly told the head cook what happened. First she scolded me for wearing sandals in the kitchen, then went out and removed my sandals from the floor of the freezer and got the sausage links for breakfast. Trust me, I never lived that down for the rest of the summer.

OK, here are the five random questions I have come up with:
1. If you could return to a certain stage in your life, what would it be and why?
2. What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
3. What is the longest you have gone without sleep and why?
4. What is one goal or dream you have that few people know about?
5. If you could meet any fictional character who would it be and why?

I tag Jessie at Seriously Though, Becca at The Hatfields, Awesome Mom, Ang at the Toy Box Blew Up, and Jessica at Itty Bitty Bits of Me (I owe ya one!)

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

Great job!I love the questions you came up with.
I don't think I would last at camp if I couldn't rest all day.
I put catalogs together for a farm machine part company. That was interesting. My mom's, that will be interesting, but she can't blog until Monday because her husband "fixed" her computer and now she can't get to the internet.

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Don't worry about VBS. You will LOVE IT!

I absolutely love the name of your blog. Very creative. :>)