Saturday, July 21, 2007

Thanks Gigi and Grandpa!

My parents are planning to keep my little man at their house for a few days in the coming week. I am excited for Jake because he does not get to see my parents on a day to day basis as they live out of town. I'm also excited for Jake because my nephew will also be there and Jake will get to enjoy time playing with him. Plus there are plans for the group to visit the Zoo, which will be Jake's first time, go swimming at my aunt's pool, and I am certain a bit of spoiling.

What I am not excited about is missing Jake. This will be the first time that Jake has ever been away from me for entire days at a time. It's only a few days, but it is still days.

I am looking forward to the time Donnie and I will have alone, together. We need that time a lot since we didn't get to enjoy very much newlywed-ness since Jake was born 10 months after we were married. We have plans to go out to dinner and possibly a movie!

This will be a fun week for us all, but at the same time an interesting week.

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

I can't imagine having all my kids at grandma's house, lol. My mom would do it, though, if she was close enough.
We have had the kids all at other people's homes while we went away, but the trip was for a surgery, so not a romantic get-away. (though before the surgery there was some romance, lol)