Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A pain in my....back! :)

I am so incredibly glad that I took a vacation from work this week. If I had not, I would be a miserable person right now!

VBS is kicking my rear end!

I am teaching the 4 and 5 year old class. Alone!

What was I thinking? I don't have a clue!

I really did not think that I would have 10 or more kids every night.

Alone!

Or that my own child would have a break down every night (except the first night) and scream and throw a royal fit which I have to simply turn my back on and walk away from, hoping someone else can handle it because after all, I am teaching a class of 4 and 5 year olds...alone!

Due to the overwhelming (and fabulous) amount of kids we have had a VBS this year (which is great...don't get me wrong), there is not much space for the number of kids. I had 11 tonight and definitely did not have enough table space, or a place for me to sit down.

My own needs are put to the side as I gear my attention to the kids, but when I finally make it home each night, toddler in tow, I can barely lift my 35 plus pound child out of the car and into the house without the thought that my back may actually fall off (which would be horrible and interesting at the same time!).

I have been blessed by the attentiveness of my group of kiddos. I love hearing the kids whisper to their parents, "that's my teacher," and I love hearing a group of kids yell, "I LOVE YOU, JESUS!" just because I suggested it.

If only my legs, feet and back were blessed to be without pain!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hang in there. All your hard work will be rewarded.

Alleve works great for the back ache. lol.

Janelle said...

You are so smart to take the week off-I was not that wise!