Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year (see how the titles are just getting so much better?)

Happy New Year!!! Our celebration contained drinking as much caffeine as we could in order to stay awake until midnight when we watched the ball drop. Then we spent the next 2 hours trying to come down off our caffeine buzz, which did help me read more in a book I'm trying to finish so my co-worker will stop harassing me about it. I mean, it's not like it's his book or anything, or that I have had it for 4 months. Oh no, nothing like that.

Today I plan to tackle the taking down of the Christmas tree and all decorations, which I am certain will be oh so much fun! Can you tell I'm completely thrilled with the idea and no I am most certainly NOT procrastinating at all.

Since I'm on a blogging roll, after all, I'm posting two whole days in a row, I thought I'd share another story from last week.

On Christmas Eve morning I called my mom to give her our itinerary on when we would be arriving at their house. She said she had been cooking all day to prepare for the eating we would be doing for the next week (and the weight we would be gaining in a week which we will be trying to lose for the next year). She said she made Pineapple Upside Down Cake, but had too much batter for one pan, so she made two small round cakes. She said when she put these out on a plate, she realized that two small round Pineapple Upside Down cakes make an interesting display side by side on a platter.

When I took the picture Mom immediately said, oh no, you aren't going to put this on your blog are you? I can't remember my response...was it no? Oh, well, in that case, sorry Mom, I just had to share. How could I pass it up?

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

Before I got to your story about the cakes I thought how they looked like eyes. But they could like something else. If you have imagination.

Pam said...

Those are so cute, like they came out of an Easy-Bake Oven!