Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sleep my dear child, sleep!

I am currently listening to the screaming of my dear son.

He is in his crib refusing to take a nap and screaming.

I am reading blogs and praising God that this dear son of mine has not yet figured out how to get out of the crib.

Beside me sits a wooden frame of a bed a co-worker gave us. It sits on the ground and holds a twin mattress.

We do not have a twin mattress at this moment so the bed frame is propped up against the wall downstairs.

On days like this I wonder if the crib will hold a five year old because my son may be still sleeping in it when he is five.

I'm sure that the wooden bed frame will make great firewood. With the bitter cold temperatures and the expense of our electric bill we may be checking that out.

Or possibly we could use it to make a larger crib. Oh the possibilities.

7 comments:

Ang said...

It must be something in the air!!! Pappaw had to say something to Mikey today while he was avoiding nap time (my wonderful fil stepped in when I was getting exasperated)... He finally took one for about an hour, but I feel bedtime will be early tonight!!!

I'm sure the crib will be fine! I remember sleeping in one when I was about eight at a sleepover(loong story!!!)

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Poor baby! (And Poor Mama!) I too am terrified of the day when Lance figures out how to get out of his crib. Sigh...

Janelle said...

Oh you make me laugh! We put up Simon's "big boy" bed this weekend too. Got the bed from my mom but had to buy a mattress, so I hear ya there!

For a while we've had one side of the crib off and just used a safety side thingy, that way he was still used to the crib but was learning the freedom of being able to get out himself.

He did fine in his bed last night.

Fratzels said...

Hang in there!
Surely, by the tiem he is 18, he will be sleeping through the night or at least night cyring hysterically about it.

Fratzels said...

Hang in there!
Surely, by the tiem he is 18, he will be sleeping through the night or at least night cyring hysterically about it.

Jessie said...

Poor Jess! I am dreading the whole thing. Elli still likes to be rocked or nursed to sleep and I am usually too tired to do anything else but give her what she wants. Hopefully he won't learn to climb out too soon! Elli did the other night on accident...she fell and knocked her head pretty good. I have since then cleared everything out and haven't had a hint of climbing since then.
I hope he sleeps!!!

Pam said...

A bigger crib, LOL!