Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Living Christ's Words

As I have mentioned before my 9-5 job is with an agency that provides services to adults with disabilities. I have also shared a couple of humorous stories that have occurred to me during my time with the agency. Unfortunately, there are also times when tears are shed as well. This past weekend a participant of our program died unexpectedly. During my 5 years of employment I have experienced 5 deaths of participants in our program. Each time we mourn the passing of a participant the experience hits my heart in a more tender way. Tomorrow we will mourn this recent passing for the final time as a group; however, I know we will all mourn continually for weeks, months and years to come. Each of our participants touch each of our lives in different ways, some have more impact than others and I like to think our impact on their lives is in similar ways.

Today I challenge you to follow Jesus's instructions in Luke 14:12-14, "Then Jesus said to his host, "When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."

1 comment:

Ang said...

Isn't it marvelous how clients can touch us and shape us....more than we can even begin to imagine?!? (One of my guys recently moved out on his own, and he tracked me through Wal-Mart last time I was home to tell me :) I almost cried for him right there)

Have you gotten to steal away w/ Jake to the park in this beautiful weather yet?!? I'm figuring out that the park is a great place to see lil men in action... which somethings turns out to be quite suprising!!