Thursday, August 2, 2007

My lessons of the week

My brain is not allowing me to coordinate a nice planned out post today, so here is a list of things I have learned this week (while I am on vacation being a SAHM and teaching VBS).

1. My life is dictated by Jake's nap time. We have to be home by 1 p.m. or else trouble starts brewing. Plus, I can sit down, watch TLC and blog. Or I can nap myself.

2. Getting up at 8 a.m., even when I don't have to, keeps me motivated and moving for the rest of the day.

3. After standing in line at Macys for 10 minutes with a cranky toddler who is ready for nap time can lead to discovering new games that make said toddler laugh (like reclining the seat of the stroller so he "falls").

4. Having two carseats in the back of my car makes me nervous (I am taking my nephew to VBS this week).

5. I absolutely love the feeling of having little stress since I'm not at work, where it appears the majority of my stress comes.

6. When my little man wakes up at 11:20 p.m. experiencing a night terror, which lasts for over 30 minutes of pure screaming, the only thing that will calm him down is to turn on "Family Guy." It works like a charm (we have used it more than once to calm him down during night terrors).

7. When the little man experiences a night terror and ends up sleeping in bed with me, the next morning feels like I never went to sleep...I'm exhausted!

8. And my favorite, VBS and PMS do not mix!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hey, just getting caught up here! I was just thinking yesterday about how I always have to be at home in the afternoon for the kids to take a nap. So, if it going to happen, it's going to happen in the morning. I agree about getting up early. If I sleep too late, the whole day is shot!