Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm back...back in the CVS groove

Last week I drug myself back to CVS and I did awesome. Remember? 53 cents is all I spent!
This week I decided to tackle ole CVS again. The adrenaline high from the 53 cent deal was still in my blood stream.

I scoured the ad on Sunday while returning from a quick road trip to North Carolina to visit family. You can breathe easier, I wasn't driving. I was glad to have the time to check out the ads and make my lists while searching my coupons. I don't normally get that time much anymore.

I made my list and Monday Hoss and I ran to CVS after work/daycare. (By the way, Hoss is attending a daycare for the summer and is doing really well. He also loves it, which is a relief!).

I did not do as well as I did last week, but I also didn't do bad.

Here is what I purchased:

* 1 Crest Pro-Health mouthwash 250ml $2.99 (yes, I got some last week, a bigger bottle, but we were out before that. I'm always thinking ahead!)
* 1 Schick Quattro razor $7.99 (again, I bought a razor last week, but you can never have too many, right?)
* 1 Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets $6.99 (I was totally intrigued by these. I haven't used them yet, but I'll let you all know what I think when I do)
* 1 M&M $1 (I had to bribe the three year old, it's what I do best)
Total -- $18.97

Coupons I used:
$4 off Schick razor -- $14.97
$2 off Purex 3 in 1 -- $12.97
$11 in ECBs (from last week's purchase) -- $1.97
Tax -- 48 cents

Total out of pocket -- $2.45

I earned $7 in ECBs to use in the future. Maybe they will have mouthwash on sale again next week. If so, I'm there!

No comments: