Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Spring Fever


I was suckered into purchasing some tulips at the grocery store a few days ago (they were on sale post Valentine's day). I'm a definite sucker for tulips. They are my absolute favorite flower. I love their beautiful colors and simplicity.

I have stared at these flowers as they sit on the top of my entertainment center for the past 2 days. I am so in love with them. I can't explain it...I just can't take my eyes off of the 5 pink flowers. I am certain that they will soon begin to brown and wilt; however, I am encouraged to know that soon tulips will blossom throughout the area as Spring comes rolling into town.

I can't wait to take my annual drive through the local cemetery and look at the thousands of tulips and beautiful flowers.

I need warm weather and fast!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Isn't it amazing how something so simple can bring us such pleasure? When we were dating, my husband would bring me single red roses. I didn't want him to waste a lot of money on something that would not last, but I enjoyed their soft petals and beautiful color, so we went with one at a time.

I'm with you on the wish for warm weather!