Wednesday, February 6, 2008

3 pine trees and a strong storm equals...



My parents experienced some damage to their home last night during the storms which went through the area. Luckily no one was hurt; however, three pine trees did fall on their back porch, fence and roof of their family room. There was some water damage to the family room due to a hole in the roof caused by one of the trees.

The trees were uprooted and possibly a result of a confirmed F2 tornado which touched down a mile from their home.

I live an hour east of my parents and we did not experience such damage at my home and I, of course, slept through the entire storm. All of it, the screeching winds, thunder, lightning, all of it! Donnie did not and I'm sure would have woke me if needed, that is if he could wake me!

Tonight we are praising God for the safety of our family and insurance!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so glad they weren't hurt! We had bad storms/tornadoes in our area, as well, but no damage. It's so scary, isn't it!

Pam said...

The wind is howling here as I type! Glad everyone was OK.

Janelle said...

Yikes! Glad everyone is okay.

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

That's terrible. Sending prayers your family's way!

Qtpies7 said...

Wow, that is scarey. One time when Donnie and I were out of town and my mom was with the kids at my house, there was a hurricane. They lost power for a couple of days, so didn't have the news. Well, they looked out the back door and admired the fun funnel shapes the dirt was making. Turns out a tornado went over the house. It damaged some houses on the next block.