Saturday, February 9, 2008

Better, but bored with Mommy's movie choices

The sickness is mostly over for Hoss. He still has not quite gained his appetite back, but the gross bodily functions have ceased. At this moment, neither Donnie nor I have acquired the illness and we are praying that we won't.

Hoss has been adjusting to his bed quite nicely lately. The illness seems to have helped. Thursday night he fell asleep on the couch curled up beside me. He was exhausted from the Hurling Olympics he had participated in and collapsed. A little over an hour later he woke up, stumbled around like a zombie and walked upstairs to his bedroom where he laid down on his bed and slept. He ended up in bed with me, but it was so precious to see him go to bed on his own. Let's hope he hasn't inherited the sleep walking gene, though.

Friday he did the same with nap time. About an hour before his regular naptime I guess he had enough. He walked right up the steps and laid down on his bed and fell asleep.

Last night and today's naptime did not go quite as smoothly. A definite sign that he is feeling better!

Since the illness was improved today I decided to look through and organize our videos. I found a few home videos that I have not watched before. One of those was our wedding video. Yes, it's true, this was the first time I have ever watched the video. I don't think I got the video for several months after we were married and by that point I was 7 or 8 months pregnant. After all, 10 months and one day after our wedding, Hoss was born (the same day my wedding photographer called to let me know my pictures were in, how ironic). We all know how busy a new mom is...watching the wedding video was the last thing on my mind.

So today Hoss and I watched it while Donnie was at work. Hoss was rather bored and kept trying to push all the buttons on any remote he could find to change the channel. It didn't work and I watched the entire video, my favorite part was after we walked down the aisle as husband and wife and I begged Donnie at the back of the church to take my shoes off. Oh, those darn shoes were so uncomfortable!

This evening all three of us watched home video of 2 baby showers and Hoss in the hospital up to a few weeks old. It was hard to believe that he was so little...yet not so little. I loved listening to the commentary from my family members as they watched the nurses weigh, measure and clean Hoss up in the nursery after his birth. Statements like, "22 inches! AND 10 pounds! He's definitely going to be a football player" were made constantly.

Hoss found this video to be much more interesting. He recognized lots of voices and kept staring closely to the TV. I found this video to be much more emotional. I believe it made my biological clock tick a little louder. Hoss definitely needs a little brother or sister. God is in control of that one!

2 comments:

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

That reminds me that I have a couple year's worth of home videos to transfer to DVD.

Qtpies7 said...

Hey, wouldn't it be nice if that flu thingy you got is really something that lasts for 9 months??? LOL
(not the puking part, definately not the puking part)