Friday, October 12, 2007

A Reese Cup or 2, just what the doctor ordered!

I should have known it would be a rough morning. Actually, I anticipated it would be, but I hoped that it wouldn't be, which caused my outlook to be more optomistic, which lead to disappointment when it was a difficult morning. (Yes, that sentence was long and probably confusing, if you followed it and did not become confused, congratulations! For those of you who didn't follow it, read on).

This morning Jake was scheduled for a quick outpatient surgery. We had to be there at 7:30 a.m., which means leaving around 7 a.m. to get there timely. I planned to let Jake sleep until 6:55, then wake him up, get him dressed and leave. This would have worked, except I didn't tell Jake and I had a rough night sleep. I was scared I would wake up late and we would be late to the hospital, so much so I actually dreamed that we were late. I woke up from that dream around 1:47 a.m. From that point on I woke about every hour, checking the time and then trying to get back to sleep. When I woke around 5:07 a.m. I heard Jake in his room talking and the music from the aquarium playing.

It was only 5:07 a.m. I had atleast another good hour of sleep. I decided to just leave him in there, hoping he would go back to sleep, which he did not. Finally I rolled out of bed around 6:12 a.m. and took a shower. Then I got everything ready for the hospital and finally got Jake out of bed around 6:45 a.m., only a few minutes before schedule. He was wide awake and ready to get up! Thank goodness he is still in the crib (and hasn't figured out how to get out of it) or else this morning's plans would not have worked out.

As soon as we walked out the door and Jake hadn't had breakfast, the whining began. The whining that was so loud I thought my head would explode. He never cried, he only whined. I wish he had just cried, it would have been much less annoying than hours worth of whining.

We waited about an hour and a half before he went back for surgery. He whined the ENTIRE TIME! I hate whining, this is something we are going to have to STOP!

The surgery lasted only 15-20 minutes, start to finish. Everything went wonderfully and just as expected, he is running around the house tonight and you would never know anything happened, until it's time to change his diaper and mean mommy has to use ointment on him. Plus, he has inconveniently had p**py diapers twice since coming home, which may have SOMEthing to do with the 2 Reese's Cups I gave him. I felt bad for the baby, I starved him this morning and then he was cut on...he deserved some chocolate and peanut butter.

Now I am planning out the details for my 2 days off with him next week. If he is going to be feeling this good then, there is some fun to be long as the whining doesn't continue! Maybe I just need to stock up on Reese Cups!

1 comment:

LizzyBee said...

Glad to hear everything went ok!
Reese cups help make everything better...