Friday, May 11, 2007

I love you mom!

For a couple days this week my mom was able to visit with us. She had to attend a training near us so she was able to stay with us during that time.

It was great to get to spend my evenings with my mom. I have not lived with my parents for nearly 10 years and it was great to feel like I lived with my mom again. We were able to go shopping, eat dinner, play with Jacob and spend some good mother/daughter time.

As Mother's Day is approaching I have been thinking more about how much I appreciate my mom. I don't think I can ever put in to words how appreciative I am of how my mom sacrificed for me and my sister. Or how she taught us life lessons without them actually feeling like a lesson.

I hope I can be just as great of a mother to Jacob and future children. I hope I can instill God's love and values just as my mom did for me. I have and will continue to make mistakes, but I pray that Jacob does not remember those mistakes, but will remember only the lessons, love and laughter he experienced with his mom.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

1 comment:

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I am sure you are a fantastic mother, and I have no doubt that Jacob will desire to honor you the way you honor your mother.