Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday -- Pepperoni Rolls


Today's tip...food! I love to eat...which is obvious to those who know me....but I don't always like to slave over a hot stove for hours on end (and other times I don't mind it at all). Well here is a quick and easy recipe to enjoy.
If you like pepperoni pizza you will LOVE these pepperoni rolls. When I lived in West Virginia these were very popular and I just assumed everyone new about pepperoni rolls, but I was wrong. Now my homemade pepperoni rolls are not the best I have ever had, but they have fed many a group of friends or just me and my husband.
Ingredients: 2 packages of pepperoni (or 1 if you want to make less)
a 4-pack of biscuits in a can (I use the brown Pillsbury kind, dont get the big fluffy kind, get the small biscuits)
a bag of Mozzerella cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Take one biscuit and flatten it out, put a bit of mozzerella cheese on top (I do a pinch and judge from there), then 3-4 pepperoni slices. Then roll up the biscuit into a crescent roll kind of shape, place it on a cookie sheet. If you use all 4 cans of biscuits, this will make about 40 pepperoni rolls. Cook these for about 12-15 minutes. When the bottoms turn brown they are done. Enjoy! (Too bad I didn't think about this before the Superbowl, it would have been great for a party).
For more Works for Me Wednesday tips visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.

5 comments:

MamaTeeThree said...

Those sound yummy! I'm definitely going to have to try these. My family LOVES pepperoni.

Nikki said...

Drooling here! Sounds SOOOOO yummy. I'm going to try these in place of Friday night pizza this week. Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie Appleton said...

So funny. When I saw your title I thought "I wonder if she is from WV?" See we've lived here about 1 1/2 years and I had never heard of pepperoni rolls before moving here! They are sooo good too!

PastormacsAnn said...

Yum and they sound so easy to make! Now I really need to get my oven fixed!

Ang said...

You got me hooked on these in college.... :o)So easy, but oh so good! Hope you're having a blessed day!!