Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Reward

We finally had success in the potty training world.

Hoss did #2 on the potty.

He has done it once at Grandma's a couple weeks ago, but never at home.

Today, he had success!

We have been talking about his reward for pooing in the potty as going bowling.

Hoss had his first experience bowling a few weeks ago. My camera battery was dead, so no pictures occurred that night. However, last night, when we stopped at the bowling alley for his reward, my camera came along.

Hoss was very excited about going and did very well, considering it was his second time bowling ever.

This is my favorite picture, every time he would roll the ball he would stand with his hands on his hips and watch the ball roll down the lane.


He did have some trouble getting the ball to make it all the way to the end. He just doesn't have the strength quite yet. The poor bowling alley staff had to go get the ball three times. I know they hate us. And I apologized, every time. Not that it made it any better.

I started to feel bad about the ball not making it down the lane so I started trying to give the ball a little push along with Hoss. Hoss did not like that at all.

Everytime he would run to the line to try to roll the ball before I got there. If I made it to the line in time and touched the ball he would yell, "NO! Hoss push da ball! I want Hoss push da ball!"

Yes, he often speaks in third person, but doesn't say Hoss, but his "real" name.

We only had two experiences of tears and screaming, including rolling around on the nasty bowling alley floor. Yuck!

But, all in all, it was a good time.

Hoss did very well taking turns. He would sit in his seat and wait until my turn was over. He always sat very patiently, which is not normal.


Hoss' final score was 33.

Mommy's was 138, which is rare.

Gotta love bumper lanes!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

YAY! Hopefully it will get easier from here for you. Looks like you guys had fun bowling. Maybe in the next few weeks we can get together and play. After I ahve had a rest lol.

Janelle said...

How fun! Congrats on Hoss's success! Keep it up.

Jessie said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats! That's a big step!
And way to go at getting over 100 bowling :)

Anonymous said...

Grayson has a thing (yes thing I don't know what it's real name is)
Cassie likes to use it some. It's a ramp that they can put the ball up on and it allows it to get to the end of the lane. I have pic on fb of it. if yours has one use it next time.