Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Birthday, Birthday, Birthday, ANNIVERSARY (sung to the tune of Duck, Duck, Goose)

Birthday party #1 took place at the land of the cheese, and the mouse named Chuck. It was just as much fun as I thought it would be (yes, there was some sarcasm in that). If I can convince Hoss to never have a birthday party there I will have succeeded as a mother. Although he ran like a wild man for over an hour, Hoss appeared to enjoy himself. He especially loves "Wack a Mole." Ok, really, he loved any game which he could hit something or throw something (skee ball was fun as well except he wasn't able to get the ball to go all the way up the ramp and wanted to climb up it to put the ball in).

Birthday party #2 was at Mickey D's, which at least has better food than the pizza at the Chuck's place. Hoss was a bit too small to climb up into the play land, but he sure enjoyed trying.

Birthday party #3 was held at my sister's house. Hoss slept for the first half and woke up just in time for a fun game of Hungry, Hungry Hippos. I would venture to say that Santa would bring this game to him this year since he loves the hippopotamus, except one of his first tasks when beginning the game was to put a marble in his mouth.

Today was Donnie and my 3rd anniversary. We went to lunch and planned on seeing a movie, but the one we wished to see was not playing for a matinee so we decided to go shopping instead. Donnie gave me one of the best gifts. I got to sleep in while he got up with Hoss and got him dressed and took him to my mother-in-laws for the day. I cooked him tator tot casserole, one of his favorite meals, for dinner. I'd say it was a good day of celebration!

3 comments:

LizzyBee said...

Sounds like a busy weekend!

Happy Anniversary:)

Janelle said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a nice time :-)

Our anniversary of our first date is today-13 years ago-that makes me feel a old!

Pam said...

Happy Anniversary! Your husband's present sounds wonderful!