Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tick Tock, Tick Tock

This whole falling forward thing is tearing me up. I don't know if it is because it was later this year or what, but changing the time is still causing me to drag. I shouldn't be experiencing any problems since I did gain an hour of sleep. Or should have, but I have a 2 year old who is an early bird, which I am not.

I was really struggling before the time change. Getting out of bed every morning while it was still pitch black outside was very difficult. Going to work and having to turn on my headlights because it is so dark was also no fun. The time change definitely helped out in this area. This morning when I left for work I felt like I was late. The sun was already mostly all the way up in the sky and it felt like 10 a.m., not 7:45 a.m.

Despite gaining an hour I'm tired. Exhausted! When I get home from work it is everything in my power to focus on cooking dinner and completing the tasks at hand. I guess this could be due to earlier sunsets. Whatever it is, it needs to stop.

I am also permanently confused about what time it is. Lately our clock in the living room and the clock in my car have been running about 10 minutes fast. My brain has been focused on subtracting 10 from whatever time it is on these clocks. When we reset these for the time change the clocks were set for real time. This causing me to subtract 10, then add 10 back and then go look at my cell phone to see what time it says.

Ah Ha! I've figured it out. I'm exhausted because I am trying to retrain by brain. I have to go change those clocks back now! All this math is just too much!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Okay...so my clocks all seem to be 10 minutes slower than before the time change...I was late for work yesterday and confused about it! So, if we can somehow get our clocks to talk time with eachother, things might workout for us!
And ya know, I have been so exhausted too! It's wierd that we've "gained" an hour of sleep. I think we've actually gained an hour of "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" and house cleaning and whatever.
Hope you snap back into a routine you can live with soon! :)

Pam said...

Hahahaha! Bless your heart! This time change has actually been really smooth for us, don't know why. I do hate how it gets dark so early now, though.