Friday, November 23, 2007

Temper Tantrums, 4 a.m. shopping, and nap time

Have you all had a good Thanksgiving? Mine has been good. Busy, but good.

Yesterday we we had Thanksgiving lunch with my in-laws. After the Thanksgiving Scream-Fest of 2007, which my lovely 2 year old displayed at the dinner table, we ventured home. The aforementioned culprit of the the screaming and I left soon after to visit with my family out of town. We arrived here in time for leftover dinner and Wii competitions.

This morning I awoke at 3:30 a.m. to head to the 4 a.m sales at Kohls. My mom and I arrived at Kohls 2 minutes prior to 4 a.m.; however, approximately 500 other people had beat us and were all standing in line. I jumped out and walked inside when the doors opened and grabbed the one item we were there to get. My mom never did find a parking place, so we left to hit the JC Penney 4 a.m. sales. After standing in line for 45 minutes there, just to check-out, we moved along to a few other stores. By 8 a.m. we were back at the house and ready for a nap.

Nap time rolled around after lunch; however, the aforementioed culprit of the screaming the day before decided napping was not in his scheduled activities. After 45 minutes of wrestling we both fell asleep for a 2 hour nap.

Now I sit here as my parents watch Jungle Book which was turned on for the 2 year old screamer, but he is, of course, not watching. However, he is not screaming, so it's a good moment.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

Oh, that sounds like my life! Multiply that by 7 kids.
I do not do Black Friday shopping. No deal is worth me getting up so early, or camping out over night. Except the one elusive Wii if it were $50.

Ang said...

actually, i had absolutely no money this year for shopping, so I went to keep my mother in law company... but she did buy me an awesome Timex watch for dirt cheap!!! I'm sorry that Jake's in such a rotten mood--gotta love those 2 year old mood swings!