Monday, November 19, 2007

12 Days of Thanksgiving, Day 9

What would we do without modern conveniences. I take for granted so many things. It's so interesting that only 100 years ago having indoor plumbing and electricity was a modern day convenience. (ok, maybe it was longer than 100 years, but I know that my great grandparents had an outhouse even when my dad was a child, that was not 100 years ago...maybe half of that! Love ya, dad!).

We can all be thankful for things like indoor plumbing, electricity, cars, and cable television. But what about hair dryers (that's for you mom!), microwaves (this was Donnie's recommendation), debit cards (I thought I lost mine Saturday and it was almost as if my world stopped), and automatic transmission (I still have never learned to drive "stick"...I definitely could never be on the "Amazing Race," that and many other reasons).

If you'd like to participate in today's 12 Days of Thanksgiving, feel free to post your link below!

1 comment:

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I'm very thankful for my crock pot!