Sunday, November 16, 2008

12 Days of Thanksgiving, Day One


Thank you all for joining me in the 12 Days of Thanksgiving. Please feel free to participate. Simply right click on the logo above and save the picture. Post it on your thanksgiving post, then come back here and sign Mr. Linky.

I decided last week that I wanted to do the 12 Days of Thanksgiving again this year. I began this carnival on a spur of the moment thought I had last year. I was mostly disturbed by the way our society passes over Thanksgiving and focuses on the materialism and pageantry that we have made Christmas.

I want to remember to be thankful. I want to remember that we live in a country where we can be free to have our own beliefs and make our own choices independently. We were just able to do this only weeks ago as we voted for our next leader. We do this daily on our public blogs.

I need to remember that I am blessed with my warm home, my clean clothing, and running water which is constantly available. I need to remember that others are not as blessed so I can help them.

Most of all I need to remember to be thankful for what I have and who I am as well as who I can be.

Today and throughout the celebration of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday I choose to remember to be thankful.

Sorry for any confusion on the Mr. Linky today. I had some technical difficulties today. Hopefully all is well now!

1 comment:

Jan Ross said...

Is Mr. Linky supposed to be on there today, or does that start tomorrow?