Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday -- Ice Cream Cake!


Now I know that it is absolutely FREEZING in most part of the country, but in case you are craving a great, easy and cheap ice cream treat here it is for ya!
Get a box of ice cream sandwiches. Line the bottom of the cake pan with the sandwiches and then apply hot fudge syrup and caramel on the sandwiches, then top that with cool whip and then apply some more fudge and caramel on the top of the cool whip, just enough to "decorate" it. Freeze this over night and it is a fabulous treat!
It has been a hit for me. It takes 5 minutes to prepare and is a cheap treat! Now this is not healthy and I know many of us are attempting to loose some weight this year, but the kiddos will love it!
Enjoy! And stay warm!
For more "Works for Me Wednesday" tips visit Shannon!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Martha said...

This is such a great recipe! We make it at our house and call it "tire scraps" I don't know why my hubby picked this name, but it's what we call it! I love that you can serve it to company and they can't figure out how you made it. Making it with mint chocolate chip sandwiches is my favorite variation!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! This looks so delicious. I love love love ice cream. It is nice on the waist as well... I can't wait to try it!!


Mari
Slowing Down
Franklin Foto
Come visit me. I'm a nice girl!!

Qtpies7 said...

Oh yum!!! I can't wait to try this!