Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Baby Watch -- Week 37

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Our Christmas was nice and relaxing. My parents came over on the 23rd to celebrate with us and boy were we spoiled! Even Baby Frye got lots of presents.

I was a major procrastinator this year with shopping so I spent several hours on the 22nd and 23rd finishing up my shopping. Then, in a lapse of better judgment I took Hoss to Kroger on Christmas Eve. It wasn't horrible, but it was a tiresome trip.

Christmas day Hoss woke up coughing at 6:15 a.m., so we got an early start to our day. After medicating the kiddo, we opened gifts and then I made breakfast. Around lunchtime we went to my in-laws and celebrated Christmas with them.

We had a great time. That is until I sprained my ankle leaving my in-laws' house. I did NOT fall, but somehow my ankle rolled when I was walking to the car. I can't explain how it happened, but I know I felt popping. My poor husband had to deal with my freak out at this point. I have a tendency to over-react when I get hurt. Especially when there is instant pain and swelling. So I immediately began to feel light headed and hot, but once I got in the car, I calmed down; however, my ankle was a nice swollen mess by the time we got home.

The injury gave me an excuse to do nothing else the rest of Christmas! I sat on the couch with my ankle propped with a bag of ice. The swelling did not get any worse and I was able to hobble around the house fairly well. The next morning there was minor bruising, but otherwise I have survived the injury just fine.

I had my 37 week check up yesterday and everything looked good. Still have a big baby who the doctor said appears to be "nice and comfortable." He hasn't dropped and I am still not dilated, so he likely is waiting for his 1/11/11 birthday.

I've noticed a little less movement from him in recent days. I think this is because of his size as he doesn't have much room to move. I'm trying not to freak myself out about it and definitely am mindful of every time he moves.

This week I am planning to get the Christmas decorations put away and start moving baby items from their hiding places into the living areas of the home to get ready. Only 14 days to go!

No comments: