Monday, December 20, 2010

Baby Watch -- Week 36

Don't panic, all is well. I thought I set this to auto post, but something must not have worked. So here it is!

Oh my word...this baby is large and in charge! He is hurting me all over. In my sides, back and well, ya know.

I had my 36 week appointment yesterday and he is no longer breech; however, he is still HUGE, so we are sticking with our 1/11/11 c-section. Now, if he decides to come earlier then we will see what happens, but if he's not here by the 11th, he'll be getting some help to enter the world. I was not dialated, so he doesn't seem to be in too much of a hurry.

Which is fine, I'm not quite ready for him. I keep telling myself I'm waiting until after Christmas to get serious about getting ready. The nesting is starting to kick in slightly, but I have so many other things going on I don't have time to nest.

Even though my house may not be ready for him, my body is definitely ready. The pain is starting to be a bit much; however, after this week of Christmas festivities, I'm hoping life will settle down a bit and I'll be able to get some rest. Although, my plans to nest may not allow much resting.

I had an extremely busy weekend, which may be part of the cause of the pains. We had our children's Christmas program Sunday evening and somehow I volunteered to head up the 1st grade and up performance. Yeah, I definitely was not 36 weeks pregnant when I agreed to do that. Needless to say, I was busy Saturday with dress rehearsal and then Sunday with the last minute preparations and performance. But everything went great and I'm beyond relieved that it is over!

Plus, Saturday evening the hubby and I went to a UK basketball game. My husband won the tickets at work Friday and even though we had a busy weekend, I will NEVER turn down an opportunity to see the Wildcats in action live! Hoss was able to spend the night with the grandparents that night since it was a late game. However, even though I got to sleep in (slightly -- does 8a.m. count as sleeping in?), staying up until after midnight doesn't fare well for a 3rd trimester Momma.

So, the summary of week 36 is this -- I'm tired, sore, achy and busy. However, I'm very excited for Baby Boy's arrival and I'm counting down the days -- 21 left!

No comments: