Monday, December 13, 2010

Baby Watch -- Week 35

I have one complaint this week and it has little to do with pregnancy -- SNOW! We received 4-5 inches of snow over the past couple days.

My dear Hoss isn't a fan either, but my issues venture more toward safety. I'm not real great with balance -- pregnant or not -- and all the snow and slippery weather we have had the past couple weeks is not helping! Luckily, I have not experienced any falls -- yet!

I fell twice with Hoss, the last time 2 days before I had him and I landed right on my stomach. That experience is still traumatic to me. Even though it appears it didn't cause harm to Hoss -- I spent that entire day in the hospital being monitored -- I still worry. I don't want to fall.

So, this weather is not helping. Trust me, I am taking is slowly, taking small steps, and watching for ice or slick areas. I used to always make fun of my mom about her fear of falling in slick weather -- mostly I would make fun of the fact that she would always grab on to my arm to help balance when I'm more likely the one who would fall. Now I need to apologize to my mom for making fun of her because I'm the one who is terrified of falling!

Other than the fear of falling, everything else is going well. I keep "forgeting" (not really) I'm pregnant and do too much standing on my feet. This past Saturday I spent the afternoon baking Christmas goodies. By the time I was done I could barely stand any longer -- my back and hips ached horribly. I definitely can feel it when I overdo it.

Although, I'm starting to experience pains after sitting too long as well. And even WHILE sitting. One interesting thing I never experienced while pregnant with Hoss, is feeling the baby kick/hit my pelvic bones. Hoss never dropped low and was stuck very high up, so this is a new experience for me. It's an interesting experience.

We'll just leave it at that! :)

1 comment:

Janelle said...

After the first one they lay a little lower...the first one cleared the path-ha!

Glad to hear you are feeling well! Be carefule in the snow.