Saturday, June 28, 2008

Super Savings Saturday -- Target

Can you believe it? I am NOT going to post about CVS! It may be a miracle. Without the $ off $$, my CVS deals have been few and far between lately.

However, I was able to get some great deal at Target this week!

Recently I discovered that Target has Ziploc "trial" size packages of 25 sandwich bags for $1. The $1 off 2 and $1.50 off 2 coupons work for these. Thus I purchased 8 packages = 200 bags for $3. (I used 2 $1.50 off 2 Ziploc and 2 $1 off 2 Ziploc).

I was also able to use a Target coupon for $5 off any 3 of the following items:
BAND AID Brand adh. bandages, NEUTROGENA sun care products, CAREFREE products
STAYFREE products, JOHNSONS baby products, TYLENOL products, or NEOSPORIN products. I purchased 3 Johnsons baby items totaling $7.47.
I used the $5 Target coupon = $2.47 (it beeped, but the coupon has no restrictions except no trial sizes, which I did not buy, so the cashier over rode and let it go through). I also used a $1.50 off Johnsons Shampoo =.97, $1 off Johnsons baby product = -.03 and $1 off Johnsons baby product = -1.03. I actually earned money on these coupons.

I also purchased the trial size bandaids for 99 cents and used the $1 off coupon, gaining a penny.

In addition to these items I purchased Hoss a hat for $1 and an Iron Man figure for $9.99.

Without coupons I would have paid $27.45 before tax. After coupons I paid $14.30. If you subtract the Iron Man figure and the hat (which were frivilous purchases), I paid only $3.31 for the items pictured above.

For more Super Savings Saturday purchases check out Money Saving Mom!

1 comment:

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I think CVS has caught on to us and has realized they're losing money! I guess they were hoping their customers weren't intelligent and bright enough to figure out their ExtraCare system!! lol!

Great deals at Target! I love that place.