Monday, April 14, 2008

Growing up

My little boy is not so little anymore. He is growing like a weed. I think he may have grown an inch in the past month. Not only is he growing physically, but also verbally.

I love to listen to him talk. His favorite thing to do is to break out into song spontaneously. I get to hear "wheels on da bus go wound and wound," "twinkle, twinkle, wittle tar," "woah woah woah ur boat gen-we down da tream," and "wing 'round da osie pock full osies ashes ashes fall down" (of course while spinning in a circle and causing me to fear he is going to fall down too soon).

He has been having his toys talk in conversations lately. During bathtime he plays with a Diego bath toy. Recently we have been putting Diego to bed by using a bar of soap and the wash cloth. Each time we both have to kiss Diego "g'night." Last night Diego was not put to bed, but was wrestled in the bathtub. As Hoss was banging Diego into the side of the tub I said, "Oh, poor Diego, his head is going to hurt." Hoss immediately stopped, looked at Diego and said, "You 'kay Diego?" "I'm 'kay." Then looked at me and said, "Diego 'kay." He's so cute, even when he's banging his toys into the wall!

He just jumped up beside me as I type this and said, "Watcha doin' mommy?" He had to put down his Batman and Superman, who were lined up on the couch while Spiderman was held in Hoss' hand saying, "On ur mawk, get set, GO!" Too bad Batman and Superman didn't move.

I just love him!

1 comment:

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

That is just so precious!!!! It must be so exciting to be able to speak WITH and not just TO your child!!