Thursday, September 6, 2007

Yum...icing in the shape of a Jeep!

If you haven't seen the show Ace of Cakes on Food Network, you are definintely missing out.

Donnie and I love to watch this show, it's one of those shows I have roped him into watching and he actually LIKES it, much to his amazement.

As you can probably tell by the name of the show, this is a reality show about Charm City Bakery in Baltimore, Maryland. This bakery is different from others because they make 3-D, real life type cakes for any event. What amazes me is that they can do anything you dream up.

From a river rat for a wedding to a King Kong cake for a bar mitzvah to a severed head resembling the birthday boy, they really can do anything!

Donnie and I like to watch and think of what kind of cakes we would want if we happened to live near Baltimore.

I just can't decide what I would want. Donnie knows he wants a wrestling ring with a wrestler that looks like him, imagine that. I'm a bit more practical and not as much of a fan of anything to turn into a cake.

What would you choose if you could design your own dream cake?

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

I make 3-D cakes, too. But certainly not that good! I've even made a squirell with a big tail, a snowmobile, a bass fish, a bull dozer, a hunter leaning on a tree, Shrek's face, Mike on Monsters Inc, and a hockey player.
I want to take some classes, but the people I want to study under are not close. You should see Mike's Amazing Cakes, he is in Seattle, I believe.

Ang said...

I watched that yesterday!! I'm so jealous!