Friday, September 21, 2007


It's been quite a day already.

I had today scheduled as a day off from work, so I had big plans!

Jake and I headed to get his 2 year old pictures made (even though he is still 2 weeks away from 2). Of course Jake did not cooperate much, but luckily we were able to get a few good pictures which I am happy with!

Here's one of them!

Well, on the way to get the pictures done I noticed I needed to get gas. The low fuel light had been on for a couple days, but I was certain I had enough gas to get to the photo studio. I was right, I was able to get there, but I certainly could not have left. I was able to steer into a parking spot...and then I called for help.

Luckily, my father-in-law was off work today so he was able to come and give me a little bit of gas so I could get to a gas station and fill up! I was a bit embarrased! It was the first time I have ever ran out of gas...if you can count it as running out since I didn't have to push the car or anything.

After all this fun, Jake and I ran to Meijer to do a small amount of shopping. He was able to ride his first ever mechanical ride, a dinosaur. Meijer has all their rides like this for a penny! Jake had fun. He was much more interested in the fact that I put money in the slot to make it run than actually riding, but he did well.

Once we were done with our quick Meijer trip, I ran to Target to get some good deaks! While in Target I got a call from Donnie, who had thrown his back out at work. They had called an ambulance, but he refused it, and he was at home. So, of course, I hurried home to check on him. So far, he is doing well. He was able to get a shower, which loosened up the muscles in his back. He is still in some pain, but it able to stand up straight and walk now, so he thinks he'll be okay.

Then, we had to eat lunch. While Jake and Donnie were eating lunch I ran to a consignment sale very close to our house. I got Jake a couple shirts for this fall/winter and this toy, all for $10. It was a successful trip. (I have 2 more consignment sales coming up next week...yay!)

Once I got home I threw in a load of laundry and then decided it was time for nap time for Jake. He did not agree and I had to spend a good 20 minutes calming down the hysteria that ensued.

Now he is asleep, Donnie is resting and I just got done paying some bills online.

In a couple hours we will be going to visit my mother-in-law at the hospital, who is currently undergoing surgery as we speak. It's been quite the day, and I am sure it will be quite the weekend!

I hope you all have a great one!


Qtpies7 said...

Ugh! I have never run out of gas, but it is only by the grace of God because I am notorious for not watching the gauge. And I am also notorious for running it down to empty just before Donnie gets in it, lol. I had it down to a science! (I'll do anything to get out of filling up)
The picture turned out nice. Sometimes we are lucky to just have not crying, or even IN the pics. I did a pic with my first 3 kids, and my dd was not in it. She stood to the side screaming, so we just got a pic of our dear boys.

Susie PSU said...

What a cutie!

Pam said...

Cute picture!

I remember my mom ran out of gas once. The gas gauge had been broken for a long time, so she kept track of it by logging the milage. However, after it was fixed, she quit logging the miles, but didn't remember to pay attention to the gauge because it had been broken for so long! LOL!