Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Baby Watch -- Week 15

Oh, week 15. How I long for you to be over.

Actually, I can't wait for the treats you have brought me to be over. The hot flashes are absurd. I'm hot, then I'm cold, then I'm hot...it is a never ending cycle and I'm done with it.

However, believe it or not, Week 15 has brought me far worse than just hot flashes. I am not sure if it is due to pregnancy hormones or an infection, but my mouth is entirely covered in mouth sores. No exaggerating, I have about 12 to 15 mouth sores. And boy, does that put a damper on eating all my favorite foods!

I went to urgent care yesterday, per the recommendation of my OB, and the strep test was negative. My throat looks just as bad, if not worse than my mouth, but it doesn't hurt as bad. I am on antibiotics and I am hoping it will do something for the horrific mouth sores, but I'm not entirely optimistic about that.

For now, I'm covering my mouth with numbing gel about every 5 minutes and popping a few Tylenol here and there in order to alleviate the pain just enough so I can chew and swallow a few bites of food. Oh, and brush my teeth.

Week 16, I hope you have pity on me! I need it.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Poor girl! Hang in there!

Immodesty Blaze said...

As a randomly fellow pregnant who fell into your blog, I recommend hydrogen peroxide moth water like Corsodyl, it's the only thing that helps.. Oh, and not eating any sweets or anything carby till it's over as it feeds the mouth sores.. Harsh, I know. Hope you feel better!