Monday, August 17, 2009

Perty by Thirty Week 32

I went shopping yesterday and was thrilled to purchase 3 new shirts in size 1X. If you only knew how thrilled I was in the dressing room. I did a little happy dance in the tiny room. Since I never could have considered wearing anything other than a 3X for years, I was on top of the world.

Then I went home and stepped on my scale. I've decided my scale is either a) broken, b) old, or c) a motivator. My scale typically always reads at least 3 pounds heavier than the scale at Weight Watchers. And it send me into a frenzy about the fact that I have gained weight. How could that have happened? I followed my points perfectly. I didn't even use very many of my extra points. I even exercised.

Well, luckily my scale is never right. Eventually I'll remember that, but I'm okay with the broken scale. I need all the motivation I can get.

This week I lost 1.2 pounds.

I was reviewing my book that holds all my past weigh-ins and I was pleased to see that I have not gained any weight for 11 weeks.

I'm working toward week 12 now.

I also posted here today about my weight loss journey.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Nothing like a scale that adds weight to keep you motivated!

The Mother Tongue said...

Holy crow, girlfriend, you are really moving! So glad you signed up for the BlogapaLOSEa contest--this is going to be so much fun!

P.S. And any incidental contest-touting you might choose to do between now and Aug. 31 would be so very, very cool. After all, the more contestants, the bigger the prize!