Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Perty by Thirty -- Week 20

Well, it's week 20 and I finally jumped the big hurdle...the 50 pound mark. This week I lost 5.6 pounds bringing me up to a total 52 pounds lost! I have been flirting with the 50 pound mark for several weeks now and I finally overcame it! Yippee!

I received another magnet, this one with a 50! It sits proudly on my refrigerator reminding me to keep it up.

Since yesterday was a holiday my regular Weight Watcher meeting was canceled. A friend and I went to another meeting in town today. I am very glad I did. The weight loss this week helped to motivate me to keep going. I was starting to get a little discouraged at my attempts to hit the 50 pound mark. However, going to the store and purchasing clothing that was 3 sizes smaller was rather motivating as well.

This week moved me to being 1/3rd of the way to my 150 pound loss by my 30th birthday, July 9, 2010. According to the Weight Watchers healthy weights I will need to actually lose 163 pounds to met my lifetime goal (when I can come to WW without paying). In my head, my goal is 163 pounds, but if I even get close I'll be happy!

Now I'm off to enjoy my success and try not to sabotage myself this week!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Wow! What a milestone, and you are only at week 20! Keep it up!

Getting new clothes is totally fun, so that should be good motivation to keep on track.

Anonymous said...

I am so HAPPY for you Jess!!!!!! Keep up the good work! New clothes is always a good thing.
Janel

Unknown said...

Congrats! You're doing a great job!

Ang said...

WAY TO GO GIRL!!! That's awesome... now we need pics! And please, don't wash anything red with your new clothes! Ha Ha.