Friday, September 5, 2008

Super Savings Saturday -- CVS

This week I purchased the following from CVS:

* Children's Claritin $8.99
* Colgate toothpaste $2.99
* 3 Suave body washes $6
Total -- $17.98
Coupons used:
$2/$10 CVS coupon -- $15.98
$2 Claritin coupon -- $13.98
$3 CRT CVS Claritin coupon -- $10.98
$1 Colgate coupon -- $9.98
BOGO Suave body wash -- $7.98
2 .50cent Suave coupon -- $6.98
$5 in ECBs -- $1.98
Tax .48 cents
TOTAL out of pocket, $2.46
Earned $5 in ECBs.

2nd purchase (I received an email from CVS for $3 off Claritin, we needed more to stock up so I went ahead and did a 2nd purchase!)

2 Covergirl Wetslicks $11.98
1 Children's Claritin $8.99
Total -- $20.97
Coupons used:
$2/$10 CVS coupon -- $18.97
$3 CVS coupon for Claritin -- $15.97
$2 Claritin coupon -- $13.97
BOGO Covergirl lip product ($5.99)-- $7.98
$1 off any Covergirl product -- $6.98
$5 in ECBs -- $1.98
Tax .66 -- $2.64 out of pocket
Earned $6.99 in ECBs

For more Super Savings Saturday posts check out Money Saving Mom.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

where are you getting CVS coupons.... i signed up twice and still dont get any- esp the 2 off 10? not fair!

Jessica said...

The $2/$10 is an online printable. Go here, http://www.richmondparents.com/rpm%20pdfs/RICPA072208.1-32web.pdf and go to page 30 and print it. It is still good through 9/26, I think.

Also, I've noticed that the more I shop the more coupons I get emailed and which print at the bottom of my receipt. I do 2-3 transactions a week in order to get the most for my money. Maybe more coupons will be emailed or print for you as you keep shopping. Also, some stores (I found one near me, but it's 20 miles away) have kiosks in their stores in which you can scan your card and coupons will print. These are typically the same coupons for everyone.

Janelle said...

I've intended to start CVS-ing but it never happens. I'm sort of still too intimidated and it seems like it takes so much time/effort to make it all happen.
How many trips to the store do you make a week?

Jessica said...

Janelle -- I visit CVS 1-2 times a week. You can do multiple purchases at once, so if you want to use the extracare bucks from your first purcahse for your second, it is feasible. I just try to be considerate of other shoppers and the staff and try to only do 2 purchases at once. Luckily, I live very close to a CVS (1.5 miles from my house) and I often make a CVS run on my lunch break at work. There are some weeks I don't go at all. It just depends on the deals they are running and what kinds of coupons I have.

Fratzels said...

I can't tell you often enough how jealous I am! I need those claritin coupons. Little Man takes it and it insanely expensive!

Fratzels said...

I can't tell you often enough how jealous I am! I need those claritin coupons. Little Man takes it and it insanely expensive!

Fratzels said...

Thank you for your offer. I didn't have time to reply at home b/c home is so darn busy. I would love to take you up on it. I will reply soon with my address.
Thanks!!!