Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Lucas!

My dear sweet Lucas,

I can't believe a year has passed since we heard your first cry. What a fast year it has been! You have gone from a 9lb 1oz baby to a toddling 26lb 7oz little boy.  You still love your paci and haven't yet given up the bottle, but you are growing into a smart little boy.

You are such a huge blessing to our family! Your sweet smile and demeanor are contagious. You are so curious and are always trying to get everything in your hands. You adore your big brother and try to do anything he does.

You love to dance or your version of dancing, bouncing up and down! You love to play pat-a-cake. I can just say the word and you immediately begin to clap your hands. You love to play with cars and balls. If you can crawl after something you love it. However, I venture to say that pots and pans are your favorite toys.

Needless to say you are always on the move. You like to climb up the stairs, but will wait on the 4th step until we come behind you because you want us to "chase" you. When we come to the stairs, you grin from ear to ear and begin to climb the steps as quickly as you can while looking to see if we are following you.

You are such a flirt! You will flash those baby blue eyes with a sweet smile and women everywhere melt. You crack me up when you tilt your head and raise your shoulders when you are trying to get away with something. How do you know to do this already? I'm blaming daycare. ;)

I once heard that you can measure the amount someone is loved/liked by the number of nicknames they have. If that is true, you are a very loved little boy, "Lukie Loo," "Lucky Luke," "Lucas Mucas" (as Daddy so affectionately calls you), "Bubba," and more recently, "L. Reed."

You are my baby boy and always will be. I am so excited to see what the next year brings and I am thrilled to be your Mommy.

Happy 1st Birthday, Lucas Reed!

Love,
Mommy, Daddy, and Jacob

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday Lucas! Congratulations Mama, the first year can wear you out! He is just adorable, I love the curls!!

Great Aunt Bobbie said...

What a lovely year in review. Little Lucas, I hope you know what a lucky little boy you are. We love you. Have a great birthday today!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have a Lucas Reed of my own. He will be 23 years old this month. He plays football for the University of New Mexico and I came across your B-day wishes while doing a search for him. I hope your Lucas brings you as much joy as mine has brought me. Enjoy---time flys!