Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday -- Birthday Cupcakes and Gift Opening


Today is a birthday theme edition of Works for Me Wednesday. I have not one, but two tips
Tip # 1: For my son's 1st birthday this past year I decided to make cupcakes as opposed to a cake. One cupcake is the perfect size for a 1 year old and my husband's mother did this for both of her kids. Hubby felt like it should be a tradition, and it was a cheaper option (as I made the cupcakes) than purchasing a cake would have been (I would definitely not have tried to make a cake). I spelled out "Happy 1st Birthday Jacob" on the cupcakes. Here is a picture of the cupcakes.
They weren't perfect looking, but they tasted good and Jacob enjoyed them!


Tip #2: As I have previously mentioned during WFMW my sister and I do not live around our families so keeping our children involved in everyone's life can be a challenge. At my nephew's first birthday party instead of my sister helping open presents with him she had the person each gift was from help him open the gift they brought. This way each person was able to spend a moment of quality time with my nephew that they would not ordinarily get to spend.

Go visit Shannon for more great Birthday Tips.

No comments: